Friday, May 2, 2014

Ends Are Nothing More Than New Beginnings. (Part 1)

Well, it's been quite a long time since I've done this, and to my followers I am sorry.   I could come out and say that life has kept me extremely busy, but that's never a valid excuse.  I may have strayed away from my blog, however I can promise you that I did not relapse back to straying away from God.  In fact it's quite the opposite.  With that let me catch you up to how far my faith has come.

Let's go back a couple years to May of 2012.  I graduated from the place that brought me back to God, Trinity Christian Academy.  That day, which I thought would never come, left me with a bitter sweet feeling in my heart.  Although the realization that I was going to be attending my dream school, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, I also had the fear of straying away from my faith after leaving that environment.

August of 2012 finally comes around and I begin my journey at Embry-Riddle.  I begin to feel like I've finally found where I belong.  That God has placed me right where I was supposed to be.  I began striving to become a private pilot, and join the Air Force ROTC detachment 157 as well.  I began to meet some of the greatest people I've ever met, but being out of that faithful environment, I began to stray away again.  I was not sitting aside time for praying, or just sitting in God's presence.  But then, once again, God came to the rescue and put a person who would become my best friend, mentor, and older brother, in my life.  His name is DaVonte DeLoney.  I would never had seen what was to come next in my future.

Freshman year flies by and first semester sophomore year begins.  Little did I know how much God had planned for me this year.  I again hit the ground running, working hard to get good grades and learn all that I could about my passion.  But still I felt distant from my faith, and one day while I was wondering where I could go to reignite that fire, DeLoney comes up to me saying that he is going to start a bible study.  God had just answered my prayers in that moment, but that was just the start of a whole new beginning.  Through these bible studies, I would come to meet another amazing friend, mentor and true inspiration in Christ, Nick Griffin. He is a man who's life was put through the ringer before he found God, but now his faith in God is a fire that burns so bright that no Christian could turn away from it.  As my faith continued to strengthen to knew limits, little did I know that God was preparing me for the hard and dramatic day that I would soon have to face.

To Be Continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment